Sunday, October 6, 2013

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

I am all for people donating to an excellent cause like finding a cure for cancer, especially breast cancer. Cancer affects pretty much every single person in one way or another. Unfortunately everyone knows someone or is a person who has had cancer. However, I think all of the advertising and events that take place every October is a little extreme. In the NFL, everyone is wearing pink. The penalty flags are pink, the players shoes are pink, their towels are pink, and pretty much everything is pink. Everywhere you turn anywhere you go is pink. People should donate money when they want to. I'm not sure why October is the specified month for breast cancer awareness. People should donate to that cause or whatever cause when they please. I know people still do that. I personally feel like the excessive advertisement about cancer can sometimes cause more problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment