Saturday, October 19, 2013

Author Book Fair

I attended the local author book fair today at a library from 1-4. They had a NY times best selling author answer questions about his recent book for half an hour. After that, there were about 25-30 local authors selling their books from 2-4. The beginning crowd was much older since the author that spoke has books about FDR. Eventually more people showed up. I brought 20 books not knowing how many would sell. I ended up selling 6. Many people came to my table, took my business card, and listened to me talk about my book and then left. Maybe they will buy it later. I said the other day I would go into the event with no expectations. I have to admit though, I was obviously hoping to sell more. It cost me more to purchase the 20 books and business cards than I made today. Now I have 14 books sitting in a box waiting to be sold. Does anyone want book 1? I'm selling it for only $6. That's cheaper than on Amazon. You don't even have to pay tax, shipping, or handling. We will see if this event will spark anymore local interest in my books.

No comments:

Post a Comment