Monday, October 28, 2013

Surprise!

My parents 30th anniversary is November 12 this year. Actually, there anniversary falls on November 12 every year. I digress. I have been planning a surprise dinner for a couple of months now. My mom is impossible. Her birthday was October 6 and my dads is tomorrow. My grandparents always take them out around this time of year for their birthdays and anniversary. I told my grandpa to do that again. He told my mom this and she didn't want to go. Then she decided to go, but wanted a go to a restaurant that I didn't pick for the surprise dinner. Then she didn't want to go the night I told my grandpa to tell her. I made reservations for November 7. She has something else she does on Thursday nights. Then I had to change it to tonight. I had 13 people at this restaurant at 5:30 waiting for my grandparents and parents to get here. My grandparents can't drive so my parents had to drive them. Then my uncle said he saw my parents sitting down at another table. My mom knew something was going on when my grandpa said he'd be right back. She knew he was looking for me. My grandma also said, "Small crowd tonight" as she looked all over the place. My mom is far from stupid and had her suspicions. She didn't expect that many people to be there tonight though. I must say, it's quite stressful setting up a surprise dinner. It went much better than I expected and I'm glad it's over with. My parents deserved nothing but the best for this anniversary and deserve nothing but the best for many, many years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment