Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Am I watching the debate or the Yankee game?

I received that question in a text message from someone that I thought knew me well.  This person will also read this blog and probably yell at me for writing a blog post about it.  Oh well.  I responded, "Is that a serious question?"  She said it was.  I told her I was watching neither because I was playing poker.  Even if I wasn't playing poker, obviously I would be watching the Yankees, even though it's a very painful thing to watch right now.  I'll give you two reasons why I won't watch the debate.  One: every single person's Facebook feed says something about the debate.  If I ever want to know what's happening, all I need to do is log on.  Two: it doesn't matter who gets the presidency this year.  We are in a world of hurt no matter who wins.  Related to that, I live in New York.  No matter who I vote for, Obama will win the electoral college votes in this state because we are a democratic state.  Electoral college votes are ridiculous anyway.  It should be based on popular vote only.  I know that will never happen, though.  Enough complaining.  I'm off to bed so I can go to the gym at 5:30...

No comments:

Post a Comment