Friday, October 12, 2012

Rain, Hail, Sleet, Snow, Freezing Rain

How many people can say that they went to a wedding outside and had all of that precipitation on the ride up to the mountain?  Everyone that went to my friends wedding today can say that!  My friend got married today at Hunter Mountain.  We had to take a ski lift up to the mountain.  On our way up, it started to sleet.  It was pounding our face which really hurt because of the wind.  It was freezing cold!  All sorts of other precipitation happened, too.  My friend wore nothing but her dress.  She was so cold that she was red!  Luckily, the ceremony was only about 20 minutes.  The view was beautiful, though.  You were literally up in the mountains looking at the trees surrounding you every way you turn.  The reception went from 3:30 until well after we left.  Unfortunately, my mom wanted to leave early.  We left about 8.  I wanted to stay a lot later.  I was having an amazing time because I was hanging out with friends from college that I haven't seen in forever.  I was even hanging out with my friends family since I practically know them all.  It was the best wedding I have been to because of all of the connections I had with many of the people there.  The food was delicious.  My friends that got married were beautiful and it was just a great time!  The only downfall was the freezing cold in the mountains.  It definitely makes for a great story, though.  I wish I could have stayed longer with everyone else.  Next time my friend gets married (haha, hopefully she doesn't get married again), I'm staying over at the hotel!

No comments:

Post a Comment