Friday, October 19, 2012

Bed Time/Sleep

I used to feel like a loser when I went to bed pretty early.  Now, I go to bed no later than 10:30 most nights.  One night last week, I went to bed just before 9 o'clock!  People don't realize how exhausting teaching is.  Even though I don't "teach", I'm still working with the kids and running around the school making sure the technology is working.  When I was student teaching, I would go to bed before 9 at least once a week.  I was too tired to function.  People should feel no shame in what time they go to bed.  I know there are probably elementary kids that go to bed later than me.  I don't care.  I do feel like a loser on weekend nights like tonight when I feel like going to bed around 10.  It's been hard for me to function tonight, too.  If only I could sleep well when I'm this tired!  Not a night goes by that I don't wake up in the middle of the night.  I've tried sleeping pills and they typically don't work.  I have no reason to get up early tomorrow.  I can still guarantee you that I will be awake no later than 8:15.  That's because my body won't let me sleep later, even if I lay down and try to fall back asleep.  Oh well.  I typically try to be in bed for the eight hours that they recommend you get each night.  Maybe one day my body will let me catch up on sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment