Sunday, October 21, 2012

Shyness

When I was a kid, I was extremely shy in school.  I didn't have very many friends.  I was always the last one picked in gym games.  I never made any effort to be outgoing and find friends.  I was very shy during my first year of college, too.  I went to college with a few friends from high school.  I hung out with them and only them the entire first year of college.  Starting my sophomore year, I finally branched out a little bit.  I am now nowhere near as shy as I was.  I still am pretty shy compared to a lot of other people.  However, I've noticed lately that I've been starting conversations with people instead of waiting for them to start.  I've been introducing myself to people instead of hoping they don't notice me.  I need to have this personality if I want any chance of my books being popular.  It only took me over 25 years to open up a little bit.  My message is to try not to be shy if you are.  Trust me, I know it's hard to break the habit.  I enjoy being more outgoing.  It makes me more approachable.  Maybe this is a whole new me!  Watch out world!

No comments:

Post a Comment