Saturday, October 6, 2012

Epic Fail

My 5K run this morning turned into almost 10K.  There were well over 100 people doing the run.  Most of them decided to walk.  I went in the group that ran.  There were about a dozen of us that went out together and then we all spread out.  There was a police officer riding a bike leading the way.  There were also arrows telling us which way to run.  Unfortunately, right after the 2 mile marker, there was a fork in the path with no arrows.  I took one path which led me down a road that looked very familiar.  then I passed the one mile marker and knew that I made a huge mistake.  Before I took the wrong fork in the road, I heard the announcer cheering on the first group of runners to finish the race.  I knew I must have been close.  At the one mile marker, there were people there offering water.  They saw me and said, "You're running it again?"  I told them I took a wrong turn.  At the two mile marker, same comment.  They told me which way to go.  At this point, I had to walk a lot because I had run/walked over four miles.  Once again, I came to the fork and took the wrong path.  This time I walked around and looked confused (shocking, I know).  There were more people that didn't know which way to go.  Finally, we took a path that led us back the same path we started on that led us back to the finish line.  It took me 48 minutes to finish my 6ish mile run/walk.  I'm upset because I really wanted to see what my time would have been for 5K.  At least I wasn't the only person that took a wrong turn.  They should have been more clear and put more arrows up or had more people guiding us.  Oh well.  I'm sure I'll try again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment