Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Music

It's amazing how much music motivates us.  I was at the gym today and noticed that practically everyone had headphones on.  I did as well.  I can't get work done without listening to music in the background.  When I'm at work or at home, I need music playing so I can focus.  It's weird, I can focus with music playing but if someone talks, I can't focus at all.  My ears pay attention to the conversation.  I have one student during homework club that always asks me if she can listen to her iPod because she needs it to focus.  I completely understand her, but have to tell her no.  Just now, I was sitting in a car dancing to some music.  My friend and I stopped our conversation to dance to the newest popular song, "Gangnam Style".  I think the songs that we like keep us motivated throughout our workout or work day.  Without music, the world would be a much quieter place.  We need music in our lives to survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment