Friday, September 27, 2013

Counting Steps

Have you ever counted how many steps you have taken in one day? Of course you haven't. That would be ridiculous. I did it today though while at work. Okay, I didn't literally count my steps. I put on this small device that my dad has that counts the steps for me. He said that he does about 15,000 steps a day at work. I know that at times I walk a lot around the school. I wondered how many steps I would take. I took 5,641 today from 7:30-3:30ish. That's equivalent to 2.5 miles. I supposedly burned 1,900 calories. I find that extremely hard to believe. When I ran on the treadmill today, without the step counting device, I ran 3 miles and burned over 500 calories. How can I burn 1,900 calories  by walking 2.5 miles and only burn 500 calories by running 3? A little device like that costs $60! I wouldn't pay that for it at all. It was interesting to have it on for one day and see how many steps I took.

No comments:

Post a Comment