Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Craziness

The start of the school year is one of the most stressful parts of the job, as well as the 180 days in between. But really, for me, the beginning of the year is the most hectic. As the tech guy, I have to make sure all of the technology is working. Over the summer, the janitors unplug the projectors. That makes my job much more difficult. I had to set up the wiring for projectors in at least 5 teachers' rooms today, probably more. The teachers panic when they see all of the wires. I completely understand. It's very overwhelming when you don't know where any wires go. We didn't have wireless or printers working until yesterday and later today respectively. That causes more panic. Teachers need Internet and they have to print things. Unfortunately I had no control over the wireless or the printer issues. That came from a central location. In addition to all of that, I had to make sure my room was set up with the new laptops we got. I had to make sure they were plugged in and printers were on them. I didn't get to hanging stuff in my room today until 4PM. I planned on doing that yesterday morning. My principal practically told me to go home because I was there too long. I told her I had to get a few things done before I left. I stayed until almost 5. I also brought a few things home that I knew I could do here and not have to do at school. I just spent almost two hours doing a few things. I still have several more things to do tomorrow. We have tomorrow off due to Rosh Hashanah and then we start on Friday. I haven't talked to one person who likes that schedule. Oh well. Once the first full week of school is over, my work should die down significantly... I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment