Sunday, September 1, 2013

Freeport

Our final stop before coming back to Baltimore was Freeport. The last time I was there was on my first cruise 13 years ago. We didn't leave the boat because it was pouring rain. This time was much different. We woke up at 6AM to eat breakfast because we were only at the port from 7-1:30. I was very upset to see only the continental breakfast was open. Carnival should know that when we are at a port early, people are going to want to eat. I wanted a big breakfast because I was doing a 12.5 mile bike tour. I only ate two danishes. I was unbelievably full after that (sarcasm). We took a ride to where our excursion would start. We picked out our bikes and the tour guide led us on our way. In the first two miles or so, my seat started moving up. I had no idea how to lock it into place. At one point, I almost fell off because the seat had raised up so much. The back was going towards the ground as the front of the seat raised up towards the sky. It was so uncomfortable! I asked the guide to stop. He fixed my seat and the moment I sat on it, it raised up again. He switched his seat with mine and it seemed to work fine for him for the most part. I must not know how to ride a bike even though it's just like riding a bike. The seat eventually had the same problem for him, so I didn't feel that bad. We stopped on our ride every 2 or so miles. Our guide would talk a lot about Freeport, naturally. We also got to see the dolphin excursion. We saw some dolphins jump out of the water. At about 10 miles, I was exhausted. Although it was early in the morning, I was sweating like crazy because it was very hot. After finishing the biking part, we ate lunch and walked around the gardens. Then we only got to stay on the beach for half an hour. The excursion lasted the entire time we were at the port. It was definitely worth the money. When we got back on the ship, since I had just biked 12.5 miles, I was starving again. I ate some ice cream as an appetizer while waiting in line for real food since the line was very long. Then I ate again a few hours later before eating dinner. When you burn a ton of calories, you get hungry. What can I say? I laid out in the sun some more until dinner. After dinner, we watched the show "Vroom" which celebrated rock throughout the decades. That was a lot of fun. They had two new comedians on the boat. Again, one was funny and the other was just okay. Whatever, I love free entertainment. Oh wait, I paid for it up front when I paid for the cruise. I still consider it free! I ate more food around midnight just because I could. I then finished the very long day by playing poker until about 2AM. I was shocked I was able to stay up that late. The ports and excursions got increasingly better as the week went on. The biking tour is my second favorite excursion I have ever taken. My favorite of all time was Dunn River Falls in Jamaica. After Freeport, there was only one day left on the ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment