Thursday, September 12, 2013

More Wireless Issues

My district put brand new wireless boxes all over every school over the summer. The reason they did that was to have better wireless connection and faster Internet speed. Neither of those things have happened during the first week of school. The wireless was out all day today, even when my higher ups said it was fixed. My teachers were understandably in panic mode because they could not log on to the computer without Internet. Tonight was open house. Many teachers had presentations to give on the computer. They couldn't do that if the Internet wasn't working. I spent a couple of hours after school giving everyone an ethernet cord so that they could log in. Unfortunately it was a lot more wires to deal with and it looked messy. We didn't really have much of a choice. The new wireless boxes have been nothing but problems so far. I wish I was at the event tonight to make sure everything went smoothly. Instead, I had to work at my dads store for 4 hours immediately after leaving school. I'm surprised I'm awake. I hope this doesn't happen again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment