Monday, September 9, 2013

Enough is Enough

I got on the scale the other day and I did not like what I saw. I know I gained weight from the cruise. That's to be expected, even though I climbed 8 flights of stairs from my room to the lido deck every single time instead of using the elevator so that I could "exercise". I thought I lost some of that cruise weight since coming back home. I really haven't lost any though. In fact, I think I gained more. Back in 10th grade, I lost 40 pounds by eating more than I ever had in my life. Yes, you read that correctly. I ate more than ever and lost 40 pounds. How? I swam on the swim team. Therefore I needed to eat more, yet I still lost weight. It was magic! I have gained almost all of that weight back. I'm very upset about that. I need to lost 15-20 pounds to make me happy. I know the end of November and all of December are not good food months because of holidays and everything. That's why I need to lose the weight now. I'm only going to do small things to lose weight like attempt not to snack before and after dinner. I also want to eat smaller portions at dinner. I go out two nights a week with friends. I need to exercise extreme will power and not order food when I go out. It's hard to do because restaurants don't like when you come and don't order anything. I need something to motivate me to stay focused on my goal. I don't know what it is, besides the fact that losing weight is healthy for me. Admitting publicly that I want to lose weight is a good start. I give all of you permission to give me a virtual kick in the butt to keep me motivated. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment