Friday, September 13, 2013

Perspective

My mom was looking through a bunch of old pictures today. She showed me one picture of my younger brother and me 12 years ago. There's no beating around the bush here. I was fat! I mean my jiggles had jiggles and my chins had chins. It was literally gross to look at. 12 years later, I'm pretty much the same height. Luckily I don't look anywhere near as fat as I did in that picture. I can't imagine how much I'd weigh if I didn't swim. I seriously think that if I never swam all year round I'd be 300+ pounds. That's a scary thought. Looking at the picture today put my situation into perspective. Yes I'm not at my ideal weight. However, I look a lot better than I did in that picture. With that said, I still want to lose weight so that I look better than I do now. I figure if I have one bad eating day a week, it won't hurt me. I don't mean I'm going to have the Michael Phelps 12,000 calorie diet one day a week. But I think a little bit of extra food won't hurt me. The more I talk and obsess about eating "healthier", the better chance I have of eating better, in my mind at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment