Wednesday, December 19, 2012

4 Jobs

Lately, I've been telling people that I have 4 jobs.  In addition to the full-time job as a computer aide, I work at the grocery store one day a week (as you know), I work at my dad's liquor store when he needs me (a ton during this time of year), and I'm an author.  Yes, being an author is definitely a job.  It's practically a full-time job in addition to the one I have.  I'm nothing like John Grisham who has 30 books or Stephen King who has 50 books.  I could be there some day.  You never know.  The big time authors write and make author appearances as their full time job.  At this time of year, I am working all 4 of my jobs.  I was able to write a little bit in my next book yesterday.  Of course, so far, as an author, I have spent more than I have made.  Therefore, I guess you could call me a volunteer author since I am spending hours and hours writing, editing, and promoting my books, but make nothing doing it.  As I have said many times before, that doesn't bother me.  I love writing and love the fact that I have 2 self-published books.  The fact that I have that on my resume makes me stand out a little bit and it will hopefully play to my benefit eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment