Sunday, December 16, 2012

Westboro Baptist Church

If you have never heard of them, you don't want to.  I didn't know the name of this church until my mom told me today.  I knew of their, um, beliefs, though.  They have a website that's name is so disgusting I can't even post it in this blog.  This group of people go to funerals of soldiers and picket during the event.  They say that the war is good and God meant for that person to be dead.  They picket against gays.  After the horrific event in Connecticut this past Friday, they had people there saying that God sent the shooter and it was the right thing to happen.  These people are sick.  There are not enough expletives in the English language to describe my feeling towards these people.  How people can think and act that way is beyond me.  I know many people are against gay marriage and other touchy subjects.  However, you don't have to go to a gay wedding and try to boycott it.  Keep your feelings inside yourself.  What that person did to those innocent teachers and children was absolutely repulsive.  It scares me because I work in an elementary school.  I know people say, "That would never happen to me."  The truth is, you never know.  People do disturbing things all over the world.  This Westboro Church was started in Kansas and has groups all over the U. S. picketing at events and letting their voices be heard.  They are known as the hate group.  I am surprised people haven't attacked them.  I know that not everyone gets along with one another.  Is that really a reason to kill someone?  If you have emotional problems and want to kill yourself, why kill other innocent people?  You are hurting so many more people by doing that.  I'm not saying suicide is good, because it's absolutely not.  However, if you feel the need to do that, don't hurt other people before you take your life.  I know this post is going from topic to topic...my bad.  My last thought is that these people from Westboro Church need to keep their very odd opinions to themselves and stop hurting other people.  They need to stay away from funerals that are already emotional enough.  Don't make matters worse.  Violence needs to stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment