Saturday, December 1, 2012

What Didn't I do Today?

I have been going full speed all day today and it's nowhere near done!  I woke up (always a good thing) went to my friends apartment to check it out and see if I can financially move in, went to the bank, got home and shoveled, then started defrosting my freezer (will explain more after) while doing that, I emptied the dishwasher, punched in rough estimates of my monthly expenses for an apartment to see if I can swing it, did some laundry, made lunch, and lost my mind.  We have a very old freezer in the basement.  It collects ice and it builds up so that everything in the freezer gets freezer burnt.  It also prevents more food from going in.  The last time I defrosted the freezer was 2 years ago.  We should do it every year.  In order to defrost it, I have to take all of the food out of the freezer and boil water to put inside the freezer so that the ice can melt.  You repeat the boiling water process as many times as it takes until all of the ice is melted.  You have to do this in the winter so that the food can stay cold outside.  It took me six (6) hours to finish it!  To say I am tired is a vast understatement.  The freezer sure looks good now, though!  In about an hour, I'm going to the Siena Saints vs. UAlbany college basketball game.  After that, my friends and I are going out.  I'm sure I won't be home until at least 12 and then I have to work tomorrow at 7!  Ugh... at least tonight will be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment