Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Live and Die With your Favorite Team

It's amazing how as a society, our moods are greatly affected by how our sports team does on a weekly or daily basis, depending on the sport.  While at the Siena game Saturday, they were losing big time and my friend noticed my sour mood.  She said it was sad that I was so upset.  Whenever I watch the Dallas Cowboys on TV, I am always screaming at the TV and am always depressed when they lose (very often this year).  Everyone wears the team jersey and hat and screams at the TV.  What good is that?  Obviously the players don't hear you.  It's just fun to feel like you are actively participating in the game.  Even when you are at the game screaming, more than likely, the players don't hear you unless you are in the front row.  Let me tell you, I don't have enough money to sit in the front row of any sporting event!  I was so close to getting a Stanley Cup last year with the New Jersey Devils.  I wasn't too close to a world series with the Yankees.  I am nowhere near a Super Bowl with the Dallas Cowboys.  They won't win a Super Bowl until their owner, Jerry Jones, gives the team to someone else (that's not happening ever).  Why do I still root for them, I have no idea!  Ya gotta love sports!

No comments:

Post a Comment