Saturday, December 29, 2012

Snow During a Vacation or on the Weekend

Last year, we had one big snow storm.  It happened on March 1st.  We had a snow day and the snow melted that day.  I couldn't have asked for anything better!  So far this year, we have had two snow storms during the same week and they have both been this week while we are off from school!  The storm on Wednesday into Thursday definitely would have caused a snow day.  The storm right now is pretty bad and we might have gotten out a little early.  Teachers get more excited about snow days than kids.  We still get paid for that, we don't have to drive in the snow, and we get a break from the kids.  Many teachers still have their own kids at home during snow storms.  I think they can handle two or three kids instead of 20+.  This amount of snow also brings lots of shoveling.  I seriously think I've done more shoveling this week than I did all of last winter combined.  It happens.  Some years there's a lot of snow and other years there isn't much at all.  I am not a fan of snow and would be completely fine if this was it for the year.  Unfortunately, that would mean no snow days.  I guess I can't have everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment