Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Pictures from Kids

Over the years as a student teacher, substitute, and now a computer aide, I have gotten several pictures, drawings, and notes from kids.  I got some towards the end of the year last year and swear I didn't throw them out, but cannot find them!  They were drawings of me with a few things they enjoy about me or computer class.  I got a picture today.  A 4th grade class was doing an art project where they had to make a picture and say a few nice words about a teacher they admire.  I got this picture during my lunch break and was almost in tears because I was laughing so hard.  This boys picture of me was spot on!  He even included my glasses and the goatee I used to have!  His note was the best part.  It said (exact words), "You are an awesome teacher.  I remember when you you when you where a substitute gym teacher and I was bowling, and I was holding it over my head and you came over and told me not to do it.  I'm pretty sure I gave you the evil eye.  Thanks for being awesome!"  When the kids do small things like this, they have no idea how much it makes our day.  I saw this student later and asked him to show me the evil eye.  He then make this hilarious face and I started dying laughing again.  It's great to know that kids remember even the smallest things and that they appreciate us!

No comments:

Post a Comment