Monday, March 4, 2013

Beach Boys

I'm done talking about the vacations I've gone on. Now it's on to the concerts I've attended. The very first concert I ever went to at the age of 12 was the Beach Boys and the Four Tops. Well, I guess it was what's left of the Beach Boys. I think there was only one original band member performing at that time. My mom asked me if I wanted to go to the concert and I did. I actually enjoy the Beach Boys' music. I really don't remember too much from the concert. I remember there being a ton of people and a lot of, um, smoking going on all around me. That seems to be a theme in all of the outdoor concerts I've gone to. I try to stay as far away as possible from that stench, but it is impossible. I remember that I had never heard of the Four Tops. Once I heard them play some songs, I realized I have heard and like the songs they sang. Although you will soon read about the many concerts I have attended, I've been to nowhere near as many as my mom. at 52, she still loves going to as many concerts as she can. How many people can say they have a mom that will rock out to Bon Jovi, Def Leopard, Journey, Tom Petty, Billy Joel, Elton John, Boston, Peter Frampton, etc.? If she is lucky enough to have grand kids, she will be taking them to concerts, too. The Beach Boys was a good concert to get things started off for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment