Sunday, March 10, 2013

Jazz Festival

The day after I graduated high school in 2005, I went to a Jazz Festival. It was 96 degrees out that day. This Jazz Festival was a two-day event. Needless to say, I missed the first day because of my graduation. This was my first and only time attending this event. They have it every year. I used to play in a jazz ensemble in high school. I love jazz music. We saw the Dave Brubeck Quartet, Bela Fleck, Stanley Clarke, and Jean-Luc Ponty, Chris Botti, and much more. I'm sure you are reading those names and thinking, Who the heck are they? I think the only person I had heard of at that point was Dave Brubeck. To enjoy this event, you really had to be a fan of this type of music. If you have heard of the song Take Five, then you have heard of Dave Brubeck. He recently passed away at 91 years old! That means when I saw him, he was rocking it at 84 years old! Not too many people can say they were jamming away at that age! I had a great time at the show. My obsession with Bela Fleck started after that. I desperately wanted to see Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, but still haven't. The saxophone player in that group is amazing! Bela Fleck is a bluegrass banjo player. It's pretty sweet. It's been way too long since I've been to a jazz concert and I have no idea when I will go to one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment