Tuesday, March 26, 2013

What Motivates You?

Tonight, I cannot answer that. I have no idea what motivates me right now. The more I apply for teaching jobs and never get a response back, the more frustrated I get. It makes me want to stop applying. Do I? Of course not. How do I keep going? I have no idea, I just do. I guess I'm intrinsically motivated to keep going somehow because I don't have a choice. I guess I could quit and give up. What good would that do me? Clearly I am too smart to give up my 5 and a half years of education to quit. How can I remain motivated when I never hear back after I apply somewhere? Can't you at least tell me no? Then I would have an answer. If I have had even one interview for a teaching job, I would be motivated to keep looking. If I had that interview, then I would know I'm close to being good enough to get a job. This time of the year, there are very few jobs to apply for. However, I still manage to get more and more frustrated each day. When will my big break come? I don't give up on teaching because I'm not a quitter. I keep fighting and pushing because that's all I know how to do. On a much lighter note, It's all my parents fault I can't get a job. If my mom had given birth to me maybe 4-5 years earlier, I'd more than likely have no problem getting a teaching job. Patience is running out. My big break needs to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment