Saturday, March 30, 2013

Ideas

Where do ideas come from? How do authors come up with ideas for their books? I've always been told that you should write about what you know. That makes perfect sense. Why would someone write something about something they don't know? I guess they would do that if they were interested in researching a topic. Ideas come from life experiences. I came up with the idea for this blog post tonight while I was thinking about what to write. I came up with the idea to write about ideas. I know, I'm strange. I wrote two books about kids in school and a book about a grocery store because that's what I know. Everyone has their own ideas about many things. People get their ideas and opinions based on what they learn on a daily basis. That's where teachers come into play. Teachers teach topics that hopefully get kids' brains thinking. You have to tell people your ideas because you never know, you could have the idea for the next great book, invention, or you could come up with the perfect way to end the nations debt! If you think you have a great idea, don't be shy to let the world know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment