Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tom Petty

The second concert I went to was Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers when I was 13. I have seen them perform four (4) times! Unfortunately, I won't be seeing them a 5th time when they come to town June 23. I plan to be in Cedar Point that night. If I wasn't going to Cedar Point, I'd be seeing Tom Petty for a 5th time. The dude is 62 years old and still rocking out like he is 30. He is such a great performer and singer. His songs are awesome. I have seen him perform with the Allman Brothers, the Black Crowes, and others. He always does an encore at the end of each show and always ends with his famous song, "American Girl". This is not my favorite Petty song, but I definitely like it. My favorite song of his is Free Fallin. My new favorite song of his is, "You don't know how it feels (to be me)" because you don't. I don't know how it feels to be you, and that's a good thing. Writing a song is a lot like writing a book, but probably more complicated. Not only do song writers have to come up with lyrics, they also have to come up with music and rhythms that sound good together. I have so much admiration for singers and songwriters. That job is not easy. To make dozens of songs that everyone loves is incredible too. I could see Tom Petty in concert many, many times and never get bored. Maybe next time he comes to town I won't have other plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment