Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Gambling

I know that when most people look at the word gambling they think of money. However, gambling is a lot more than money. Every single person gambles everyday. Every decision you make is a gamble. It's like the song from The Clash, "Should I stay or should I go now. If I go there will be trouble and if I stay there will be double." Should I go work out or should I stay home and sleep? That's a gamble. If you aren't feeling well and you go to work, you are gambling because you could get sicker or get other people sick. Every big decision you make is really a gamble. Do I sign a book contract? If I do, I have to spend a lot of money up front. If I do, I could make a lot of money. If I don't I could be losing a lot of publicity. That was a decision I had over the summer. I could also lose a lot of money. It's all a gamble. Picking a college...gamble. Should I go to SUNY Potsdam or Oneonta? Which one is the better choice? You won't know until you go to college if you like it or not. Life is all a bunch of gambles. If you make the right decisions, it could make the difference between happiness and being miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment