Monday, March 18, 2013

Jim Gaffigan

I remember being in college and searching through the stations and landing on comedy central. This pale guy named Jim Gaffigan was on. At the time, I had never heard of him. I was immediately struck by how hilarious he was. He is also a clean comedian. He doesn't swear! You don't have to swear to be funny. Imagine that. Anyway, I became obsessed with his comedy show. I was always watching clips of him on YouTube. I think it was in 2010, I saw that he was coming to Albany. I had to get tickets. I did and had a great time at his show. I had heard several of the jokes that he said live. However, when you go to a live show, it's so much better than hearing it on TV. He didn't interact with the crowd at all. I like when comedians interact a little with the crowd. It makes it more authentic. The problem I have with comedians is that their show is only about an hour to an hour and a half. I wish they were longer. I also understand that having more than an hour worth of material at one time is pretty hard. Jim Gaffigan has three major comedy acts that he has done. I have seen them all on TV or YouTube. His famous joke is about hot pockets. He also makes fun of himself and the fact that he has 5 young kids. I would love to see Gaffigan again.

No comments:

Post a Comment