Saturday, March 2, 2013

Toronto

We went to Toronto, Canada two times. Unfortunately, I can't remember how old I was for either trip. I must have been probably around 11 and 14. I know it was somewhere in that range. We went to the hockey hall of fame both times that we were there. I remember we went in April both times. Both times the Stanley Cup trophy was at the museum and we got to touch it and take pictures with it! I don't care if you don't like sports. You have to admit that that's pretty sweet. We got to touch the trophy that the winners of the hockey Stanley cup get to touch and kiss and keep for one day. I remember the second time we went to Toronto, we went to the Yankees vs. Blue Jays game at the Sky Dome. We were in the 3rd row on the right field line. Excellent seats! Unfortunately the Yankees lost. I also remember the second trip, we waited in line for well over an hour to possibly get tickets to the Ottawa Senators vs. Toronto Maple Leafs playoff hockey game. We got to the front, found out the price, and my dad said no. My mom of all people was willing to go to the game. My mom is someone that only likes baseball and doesn't want to spend a lot of money. My dad is someone that loves sports. He is the one that thought that the price of about $60 American per ticket was too much for a playoff hockey game. He later said that us kids were not behaving and that's why he said no. I believe him. We were brats! However, the game went into double overtime! We sat there watching in our hotel room yelling at my dad. We also went to the CN tower. You could stand on glass and look down. That was scary! I can't remember what else we did. I know we did a lot of walking around. I'm sure we hit up some more museums and stuff like that. I miss vacations like that, but am too obsessed with cruises to do anything else in the near future. I haven't been to Canada in many years and would love to go back sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment