Saturday, March 9, 2013

Journey

I've seen Journey twice in concert. The first time I believe was in 2006. I don't remember who else they performed with. The second time I saw them was last June with Night Ranger. Journey's lead singer is no longer Steve Perry and it hasn't been for years. However, the lead singer they have sounds exactly like him. I remember the first concert, the guitarist played an awesome rendition of the National Anthem. Of course they played their famous song "Don't Stop Believin'" as well as "Faithfully", "Lights", and "Lovin, touchin, squeezin'". I remember there being many people around my age at the concerts. It's interesting to see so many younger people considering this band is from the 70's and 80's. Journey always puts on a good show. My parents saw Journey with REO Speedwagon, and Styx. Unfortunately I wasn't at that show. The only song I have ever heard of from Night Ranger was "Sister Christian". They played that and naturally many others. Hopefully there will be more good bands coming to town this summer so I can see more concerts.

No comments:

Post a Comment