Thursday, March 7, 2013

Billy Joel and Elton John

I have been lucky enough to see these guys perform together twice! Once was in 2003, like I said yesterday. The other time was supposed to be July 2009. Billy Joel was sick that day and had to postpone the show until December. Elton John was sick that day and they had to postpone the show until March 2010! Finally, one year after we purchased the tickets, we saw the show. Before the concert in 2003, I was never really a fan of Elton John. After listening to him perform, I changed my mind. There are still a few songs I don't like by him. Billy Joel on the other hand...AMAZING! He is my favorite artist of all time. I love almost every single song of his. I love his saxophone player. He is phenomenal! Billy Joel always ends with his most famous song, "Piano Man". Elton John joins him and sings that song at the end of the show, too. Although they are both in their early 60s, they both can still sing like you wouldn't believe. Elton John cannot hit his high range anymore. No surprises there since he has been singing for so long. Does anyone know Elton John's real name? No, it is not Elton John. His real name is Reginald Dwight. His singing name is Elton John because he is paying respect to former saxophonists. I didn't know why his name was changed until I just looked it up. However, I did know his real name is Reginald Dwight. My favorite Billy Joel song of all time is "Scenes From an Italian Restaurant". I love, love, love the saxophone solos in that song. Every time Billy Joel comes to town, I want to see him. My parents have seen him 5 or 6 times. I know that as he gets older, he will not tour as much. I hope I get to see him one more time. His voice is amazing and his music is legendary! I will never forget my two Billy Joel and Elton John concerts. Sigh, I miss them!

No comments:

Post a Comment