Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Energy

It's amazing how much energy little kids have. I see them come in to school running when they should be walking. They talk nonstop when you tell them not to. They are always bouncing around from place to place. They can hardly sit still. This goes for the older kids too. They seem to hit their burst of energy at the end of the day. In the morning, they drag themselves to school and go through the motions. After school during newspaper club, they are very noisy and full of energy! If I had half as much energy as these kids, I would probably get so much more work done than I already do. I wonder if they have this much energy at home. I'm guessing they do. What do their parents do when it's time to put them to bed? I think the younger kids run out of steam eventually and fall asleep. When I was a kid, I don't remember having that much energy. Maybe I did. I can't remember what I did yesterday. How am I supposed to remember 15-20 years ago? I'm pretty sure that when I get a teaching job that I'm happy with, I will be able to match, if not double the energy the kids have. They will be blown away by my enthusiasm for teaching. My goal is to get them the best possible education.

No comments:

Post a Comment