Sunday, March 3, 2013

Ohio, Niagara Falls, Montreal

I've combined these 3 trips into one post because I don't have too much to say about any of them. We went to Ohio the summer before I went to fifth grade. We went to visit friends that used to live around the corner from us. I remember the year because a few days before we went to Ohio, a classmate of mine was killed when a truck hit him while he was walking on the side of the road. Very Sad! Anyway, I don't remember what we did there. I know us kids didn't go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame like my parents did. I wish we had. At that age, I probably would have been bored there, though. When we left Ohio, we went to Niagara Falls. I was skeptical about going to see a water fall. Let me tell you something. It's incredible to see! The amount of water falling is overwhelming. We took a boat tour by the water falls. We saw it at night and they had a neat light show going on. It was also pouring rain the night we were there. We stayed under a roof, yet somehow I was the only one that managed to get drenched. Only me...

Another trip we went on was to Montreal. It was in April of 2002 I think. I don't remember much that we did there besides going to a Montreal Expos vs. Chicago Cubs game. This was before the Montreal Expos moved to become the Washington Nationals. I can't even remember where we sat or who won! However, I do remember that the Chicago Cubs players stayed at the same hotel we stayed at! Sammy Sosa walked right past us! We tried to get an autograph from him, but he ignored us and continued walking. We did get an autograph from a pitcher named Antonio Alfonseca. This guy has 6 fingers! Look it up, I'm not lying.

I know how lucky I am to have parents that used to bring me on vacations all of the time. I thank them frequently for everything they do for me. It's really important to thank everyone in your life that has helped you in any possible way. Niagara Falls is another place that I would love to visit again. It has been many years since I've seen it. One day I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment